Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Perspective

Another one of my goals for the year is to make a blog post at least once a month. Sure, it's just a simple internet thingy, but in my opinion, it's a healthy thing to do. I get to let my thoughts go and just put things out there I've been thinking about.
I know I keep bringing it up, but man, this year is going well. Just having this attitude of making the year awesome keeps me pumped all the time. I keep looking back at this weird funk I've been in this last couple years and I just want to smack my 2012 self around a bit. It was pretty awful. Letting all that crud get to me all of the time was just a bad experience overall. Being able to have that perspective on it know gives me encouragement.
Lately it almost seems as if I'm being tested on my resolve to stick to this plan. Things at work aren't going the best right now and I find myself aching to leave and go elsewhere. Speaking of, I put in for a position in a department for America First and I found out today that I didn't get it. My tax return has also been delayed because of a $12 educational credit. This means I have to wait longer for my long desired telescope. Looking at it all makes me think, "Man, I should really be down in the dumps right now." But I'm not. And that's what makes it so awesome.
I feel like I could go on and on about how important attitude is to life and happiness. Heck, I've already posted twice about it in this blog already.

-http://andrewbaham.blogspot.com/2010/07/attitude-is-everything.html

-http://andrewbaham.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-attitude.html

One great part about vocalizing my thoughts in this blog is that I can go back and be reminded by myself on how great life can be and SHOULD BE. Some days when I feel like I should be melancholy I can hop back to posts like that or certain days in my journal and then think, "Oh yeah, life actually isn't that bad."


Bleh, I'm rambling again, aren't I? Let's just shorten it all to a quick statement and leave it at that: Having all of my goals in place with a strong desire to accomplish all of them is really working out well this year. :D

This new year is also bringing in a lot of new changes. My dating life is picking up. I have yet another date tomorrow, already making this year much better than the last. Also, I got a new calling in church. I'm now the Ward Music Chairman. (If your left eyebrow raised when you read that you had the exact same reaction I did) This is definitely a calling in a whole different ball park than I'm used to. Most of the callings I've had since I've been home have involved teaching and missionary work of some sort, so I'm taking it as a sign that God is working to keep me well rounded. My main job is to organize music numbers for sacrament meetings and just supervise the choir directer and chorister for the ward. So at the moment it seems simple, but we'll have to see how it plays out.

Anyway, that's enough from me for now. I'll work on getting a bit more meat in these posts again. (Another goal maybe?)


No comments:

Post a Comment